SEO Scholars at Vassar

As high school students in the SEO Scholars Program spend a week at Vassar College intensely engaging the American civil rights movement, they post short critical reading and writing exercises to this site—it is a repository for their ideas, a chance for them to comment on each other’s work, and a way to share and continue that work with teachers and peers at home. Enjoy.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

My Changes in my life

My understanding of the modern Civil Rights Movement has vastly increased. I learned about things such as Emmett Till, Charles H. Houston and many other people involved. What I learned about Emmett Till was that his murder was very important to the movement to civil rights.
In my mind the murder was the spark that created the fire between the struggle of whites and blacks. The fire involves of the Brown vs. Board of education, Rosa Park on the bus and the boycott of buses. I knew about most of theses before, but while here we went really in-depth into each of the topics. Learning more about these topics, has really opened my mind to the cause and broaden my horizons about slavery and the hardships the blacks when through to get equality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home